Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bringing dad home

Post Dated:

Today my oldest brother, Darrell, and I picked up my dad. He wanted to be cremated. He wants his ashes to be scattered. I don't think I can share what or where he wants to go, as I am not sure of the legality of it all :)
But he would love to have pulled one over on the legal system.

Darrell took me out for lunch and we went to my dad's apartment. Darrell said he thought that he might feel different. But like I told him I just look at the apartment and think of dad being in the hospital, as he was last year.
I am sure once it is empty, it will hit us then.
Tomorrow my other siblings and I are going to go and clean out my dad's apartment.
This may be hard.

I had a talk with the landlord about us moving dad's stuff out and we could be out of there by the end of the month. He said to me that he needed 60 days notice, but would make an exception in our case. Oh thanks, sorry we didn't inform you sooner. It wasn't until I got home and started thinking that my dad paid 1st and last months rent.
So I went through some papers I had copied when he moved in there. I have the receipt of this and he signed a monthly lease.
I may need to talk to him again.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)