Saturday, May 22, 2010

A weekend of pure bliss

I am posting my blog as if I was here all weekend. The truth is that I had no Internet access.
Here are a few of the projects that I had made during my weekend. Here is a reading journal that I had made for my niece and her girlfriend. I had made these two on Friday night. I then did two more on Saturday. You can see the inside pages http://http//tracystreasures-tracy.blogspot.com/2010/01/reading-journal.html here.
For some unknown reason my bind it all wanted to be difficult. The spacing for the covers didn't match my inside pages. Luckily my pattern paper could be used either way. So I flipped the book and re bound it. I put ribbon through the wrong holes. Looks like I wanted it that way doesn't it. :)

Here is my second book I made on Friday.
This card I stamped the background paper, then used the Martha Stewart punches for the butterfly and the flowers.
Ok onto Saturday. I had to come back into town to pick up Kristy from a sleepover Birthday party she went to. Sharon's camp is only a 40 min. drive to town, so no big deal.
But before I picked Kristy up I stopped off at Michael's as my xyron ran out of adhesive. So I picked that up and a few sheets of paper (like I needed more teehee).
The girls also gave me a list of things that they wanted for their photo shoots.
Here is Sharon and I being silly. I bought us these shirts, and I think they had some magic to them, because once we put them on we got our creativity going on.
We were trying to look all gangsta...LOL. Failed.Here are 2 more Reading Journals I made with the new paper I picked up at Michael's. This paper has a bit of sparkle to it. so Pretty.
This one is also with some new pretty paper. I think that I will put Reading Journal on the label.
I made this tag with one of the stamps I won from some blog candy. Thank you Moriah.
It is a Christmas stamp, but what I did was I didn't put any ink on the sentiment or the bit of holy ivy. I love how it turned out.

I also made a mini scrapbook. It is a 6x6. I didn't put up the inside of the pages as I have pictures in them and I don't know if my friends want their pictures on the Internet. I only do 12x12 double page layouts. So working with 6x6 was a fun change. We stayed up late and had so many laughs that we had tears in our eyes. Ate lots of junk food and Yes I enjoyed pop this weekend as well. I did get caffeine free Coke.

Hope your Saturday was as creative as mine

Tracy

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! Love the photo of the two of you goofing around. Gangstas! LOL!!! Your reading journals and tag are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a fab time, the journals are gorgeous, love the tag, great use of your new stamp (which is adorable).
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so much fun. I wish I had family to do that with. But I will soon.
    Love your books.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journals! Now do you bind your own or are they ones that you purchased and altered? Looks like you were very productive during your girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)