Saturday, April 24, 2010

Laundry and DQ

I didn't get up until about 11:30 this morning. NICE.
I was up late last night. I watched Terminator, Judgement Day, Terminator Salvation was on also but I was to tired to stay up and watch it. Actually the TV was on but I was on the Internet, I think I was just to lazy to turn off the TV. I think I went to bed at about 4:30am.
I love my weekends.
Well except for this.I did 5 loads of laundry and I have one in the washer yet and one in the dryer and one ready to go. Crazy eh? The girls have been doing it, but until I realized I had no more clean undies did I realize that they stopped. Brats.
I figured since the linen closet is almost empty I will organize it tomorrow. I love an organized closet. My mission this week is to reorganize my closets.
Like I said the girls have (were) been doing the laundry so the towels were folded, but not to my perfection, LOL.

I want to make a mini album for my brother's new baby. I want to make a book with his name. You know the ones that each page is a letter of his name.
So I took a scrap piece of my thick (1/8") chipboard/book board and cut it on my scroll saw. It cut like butter. I wasn't sure as I thought that the blade may plug up being paper as opposed to wood, but it cut beautifully.
I need some suggestions on this book. The baby's name is Tom. So that would only be 3 pages. I want a couple more pages. So I was wondering if I should just put extra pages in it, smaller than the chipboard so you can't see them when the book is closed. Or cut out an object for the back cover, like a baby bottle or something. Let me know what you think. I want to bind it with my Bind It All.
I didn't get to my layout today, well I looked at it and cut out a journal spot, but that's it.
During mine and hubby's errands today, we wound up at Dairy Queen. Funny how that happens sometimes. LOL.
He got a milkshake, he always does. I got a Banana Cream Pie Blizzard. Yummy
Every time I start talking about eating more healthy, this happens. Oh ya we ordered pizza for supper too. I don't even like pizza, but I ate it.
OK right here, right now, I vow to eat only the most saturated fat , high in sugar, fattiest foods I can possibly eat. There now lets see what happens, LOL.

Hubby and I just finished watching "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. Love those kind of movies. Actually I love all types of movies, and books for that matter.
Talk about books, my goal this year is to read a book a month. In the summer I will read a few books a month. Right now I am just finishing up "Plum Spooky" by Janet Evanovich. This series is so funny. I do actually laugh out loud reading her books.

Here is to the weekends. Hope your Saturday was full of yumminess.

Tracy

11 comments:

  1. Terminator, Blizzards and ideas of an organized closet....sounds like my kind of day. How do you organize yours? I've been meaning to but keep putting it off. It's a disaster. I want to get rid of the old towels that just don't really do much to absorb water. What ARE your secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big Stephanie Plum fan too! Those books are hilarious! Good luck with the closets and the "healthy" eating...I should try that..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blizzard...YUM! That should make up for having to fold all that laundry! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Janet Evonovich! I have to do laundry too. Ugh! Now you have me craving a blizzard from Dairy Queen. Yum!

    For your scrapbook (which is a lovely gift, btw) could you put the baby's middle name too, to give you more pages? I would have never thought of using a scroll saw. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I have a pile like that staring at me right now. Gosh Sunday nights are the WORST! :) Good luck on the closets. I redid our downstairs on yesterday after getting a bunch of weeding and transplanting done. Tomorrow morning is going to come far too soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, I am doing laundry right now too! I always do it on Sundays even though I vow I am going to change laundry day every week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekends are too short! It makes me sad. Sunday nights are the worst. I can't wait to see all of your upcoming projects! And that blizzard looks way too yummy. Why does unhealthy food taste so good? If only it tasted as good as it was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DQ something different... hmm.. I never do, always order the same thing! I like doing laundry, can you believe it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love folding towels, that is about the extent of my enjoyment of laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't like PIZZA?!!!!! Quick...someone check her temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh laundry is never ending in my home and I do it all!! My 12 year will fold sometimes, but most of the time she starts and never finishes....so tis easier to do myself. LOL

    Hey Tracy, I must have made you want DQ after mentioning it. YUM, isn't it soooo good.

    Have a great evening.
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)