Thursday, January 14, 2010

Did some crafting

Wayne had a doctors appointment today. So he dropped me off at the hospital to visit my dad. Dad was in therapy when I got there, then we had lunch together.
After Hubby's appointment we went to Superstore and bought my dad some groceries, then went to his apartment and totally gave it a cleaning. When he comes home tomorrow he doesn't have anything to worry about.
My dad only lives a few blocks from me so it will be easy to check up on him.

Kristy spilled some of her banana smothie on the carpet. The nice clean carpet I might add. She was trying to clean it up and didn't want Wayne to know. I was chuckling. So I raised my voice a bit and called Wayne. Kristy ran in her room and shut the door and pretended she knew nothing about it. It was quite funny.

I actually got to do some creating today. I saw this on a site the other day and it reminded me of some gift card holders that I made a couple Christmas' ago.
I don't have any photos of my kids in my wallet. I know bad mom, must not love my kids, what kind of a mom doesn't carry photos of their kids, yadda yadda, yadda. But when I saw this mini photo album I thought that this would be perfect for me.




These are the gift card holders. They can be used for any type of gift cards and they are very easy to make.
I have made them for birthday gift cards as well.
















Here is my finished Mini Photo Album.
I got the idea from Jennifer Davis. Her blog is called live.life.create.art. I don't know how to post another blog on here. Remember I am still learning.
I didn't embellish it as I wanted to share this today.






You first cut a piece of cardstock 4x11.
Then score it at 1 3/4, 2, 5, 8.
I then inked the edges.









Then you cut 3 pieces of cardstock 7 1/2 x 2 3/4
Then score it in half. 3 3/4
Then I cut blocks of pattern paper 3 1/2 x 2 1/2
I cut 9 of these as I covered all the cardstock

This is the inside. You adhere the cardstock with the pattern paper to the long strip of cardstock.
This is the front. I also cut some cardstock a bit smaller than the top flap.
I think it is cute. I have to yet put in pictures though.
Tomorrow I will hopefully get to work on my Book Journal.
Hope you all had a good Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of those little albums as well. I made them for my mom and MIL for Mother's day. Isn't Jen great???

    RE: my header is all paper :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)