Sunday, January 24, 2010

I got to stay home

Today was a most excellent day. I actually got to stay home. I didn't leave the house. I slept in, took a shower, put on my lounge pants and by that I mean my jammie pants. And crafted most of the day.
Today was a good day to stay at home as it snowed all day, I think we got about 8 - 10cm of wet snow.
We needed bread and milk. Hubby hates to go anywhere alone so he bribed Kristy to go with him. He bribed her with a Monster drink....I know bad parent award.

Well you may ask what have I created today. I made some more of those Reading Journals.
Ashley wanted one and so did Heather. But they didn't want any shiny stuff on theirs.

Ashley's is the brown one. Heathers is the diamond one. The one in the middle I will probably give to my SIL Janice. Janice and I share books. Well she shares more than I do. As I like her type of books, but I don't think that she likes my type of books.This is the inside of Janice's book. It is different then the others as this is the free template that I got off the Internet. This is why I needed Ashley to make me a new one. I wanted to bind them on the side and wanted more info. on them. I had already printed out 40 before realizing this so I thought that I better use them. Hate wasting paper.

Here is a comparison of the insides. I was so tired of inking the edges that I didn't do this one. Boy does inking sure take a lot of time. But it does look good doesn't it.

Here are all my precious Treasures for you viewing pleasure. I love when I make a lot of the same thing and then group them all together. It is like a eye candy....without Leonardo DiCaprio. Ummmm Leonardo would look really good holding those books wouldn't he. Ok, ok enough, stop your wandering minds. I know what your thinking. LOL
I was suppose to sew today but time got away from me. What do you expect when you get out of bed at 12:20. But for my defence I didn't go to bed until 3:30 last night. I watched Under the Tuscan Sun. Cute movie.

I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did.

Tracy

7 comments:

  1. I love your reading journals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, and what a good idea..since getting thru the stack of books is one of my goals..I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a reading journal. I can never remember authour names when I want to recommend a book. It would come in very handy. And yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does, indeed, sound like a wonderful day! I could use one of those! Do you think work would mind? LOL! I love your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are nice and what a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)